Report your injury to your employer, and complete an incident report form as soon as you can. Your employer should keep a record of incidents where you can record the date, time and details of the incident.

If it is a serious injury, report it to WorkSafe.

If your employer doesn’t have an incident register, write down the details of what happened and give them a copy.