If you sustain an injury due to your work or during your work, you may be entitled to workers compensation –  a compulsory form of insurance that employers are required to take out to cover themselves and their employees.

Workers’ compensation in the ACT is not run by the government but is a privately underwritten scheme, where there are multiple approved insurers that offer workers’ compensation coverage.

Who am I covered by for workers’ compensation?

If you are a member of the CPSU (Community and Public Sector Union) or the CFMEU (Construction, Foresty, Mining, Energy Union), your union can provide advice and support directly.